Welcome to our news page, here you can learn about what's been happening at The Punjab Kitchen Ltd.
01/06/2018: Adopting the IDDSI: What it means for you
As you may be aware, the IDDSI framework has been formally endorsed by the British Dietetic Association (BDA) and Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT).
We are a forward thinking company, with a strong focus on the development of our range for dysphagia, meeting the needs of patients nationwide. Therefore, we have embraced the standards and will adopt the new framework:
- We are currently reviewing and redeveloping of our current Texture Modified range to meet the new standards.
- As part of the IDDSI UK Expert Reference Group, we have been able to advise on the best means of implementation, training and education of your staff
- We will launch dual labelling from around September 2018 which will show the new IDDSI standards alongside the current descriptors where applicable, this will help to educate staff, housekeeping and all medical staff associated with dysphagia.
- We have produced a training pack that outlines the changes, new classifications and methods of testing that make sure that the textures are correct and meet the requirements.
- We have a full team on hand to answer any questions you may have, from a technical and nutritional perspective to simply explaining what to look for with the new colours and symbols, so no matter what the questions, we are on hand to help.
- When it comes to implementing the new range, we will be on hand to train you staff on any changes to heating and serving and show them what to look for on the labels to make sure the correct texture is used for the correct patient.
We aim to make the transition as smooth as possible for you and your team, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.